Drive


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday, September 19, 2011

Drive


http://vincentgabriele.tumblr.com/
Drive is Neo Noir Perfection. I haven't been excited about a film like this since 90's Tarantino.
The Character Driver was so intense and real I had to go purchase the book immediately after leaving the theater.
Credit is due not only to Nicolas Winding Refn the Director, but also the Cinematographer,and Cliff Martinez the man in charge of all that amazing music setting the tone for every moment of Drive perfectly.
I never thought I would like Ryan Gosling, he has always been too Teen Beat Heartthrob for me, but he nailed his role as The Driver perfectly and has my full respect. He was so intense and real.
What I really loved about Drive is, it didn't need all the typical B.S that movies for the past 10-20 years have survived on, there was no sex scenes,no outlandish explosions.The only part that felt fake in this film was the tits.
Violence in Drive was minimal but wasn't at all lacking. From the moments in the elevator, to the hotel, you feel for Driver because these moments where so incredibly intense.
 The emotion coming from Driver right after he pummels the man in the elevator,I swear I could smell the copper in the blood as he stands bloodsplatterd staring at Carey Mulligan's Irene character waiting for her reaction the moment was deep and disturbing . Driver is so complex, as a man of few words, he goes from being sweet,caring and gentle with Irene and her son, too a vicious killer with such ease I got the feeling this isn't the first time he's killed.


As an aspiring filmmaker this was so eye opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment